It’s no secret that Bangkok is a busy place – but that’s part of the appeal: a bustling metropolis that never sleeps. If you want to be able to get around the city easily, it’s best to stay in a central area, within easy reach of a BTS Skytrain station. You’ll be grateful of being able to avoid the infamous Bangkok rush hour traffic and connect to all parts of the city quickly and cheaply.
A hotel near Ploenchit BTS is so convenient because, in one direction, you’re just a couple of stops from all the central attractions near Chit Lom and Siam BTS stations (such as the Erawan Shrine, Central World, MBK, Siam Square) and, in the other direction, just 2 stops from Asoke, connecting you to Bangkok’s underground MRT rail service. Lohas Residences hotel is near Ploenchit BTS Skytrain station, just 2 minutes by motorbike or taxi – we also run a free tuk tuk service.
Bangkok’s BTS Skytrain system opened on 5 December 1999 and is a convenient and quick way to get from your hotel to other parts of the city. Here are some useful tips when using the BTS Skytrain:
- The BTS Skytrain runs from 6:30am until midnight, with the last trains leaving around 11:40pm
- The ticket machines at BTS Skytrain stations are mostly coin-operated. The cashier’s will give out change, but it’s often the case that some coins will not to work in the ticket machines, so it is advisable to get more change than you might need
- At peak times, there will be many people queuing at the busiest Skytrain stations to get coins for the ticket machines. You can avoid this by buying a Rabbit Card in advance, which is a travel pass that you can top up with cash, making it much faster to pop in and out of Skytrain stations. Don’t add too much money to the card, since you can’t refund it for cash later. But, if you intended to use the Skytrain a lot, it can be very worthwhile
- Ploenchit is sometimes written ‘Phloen Chit’ and is pronounced ‘plern-jit’
- Lohas Residences hotel is near Ploenchit BTS, but BTS Nana is also walking distance away if you exit the hotel onto Soi 4
- The busiest BTS stations are Siam and Asoke. It’s probably best to avoid these stations during peaks hours
A hotel near Ploenchit BTS Skytrain station is perfectly situated to give you access to all parts of the city and we hope you choose us to stay with.